Tuesday, August 31, 2010

School Time Again


School Time Again!
By: radicalroy/ Sept. 30’07 Indonesia
Summer is over! Back to school again. Surely, students feeling excited, having new shoes, notebooks, bags, hair style, new friends, and new teachers and many more.  Meeting new students or getting reacquainted with classmates can be overwhelming, especially the shy or reserved type of students. 

Students get nervous on the first day of school due to self introduction, telling about what their expectation, and bringing mountainous homework. It's perfectly normal to feel nervous on the first day of school. Getting back to the school routine and adjusting to new workloads takes some getting used to after a long summer break. 

Kids have a hard time to adjust after a summer of sleeping in or doing things on, the alarm bell will once again announce the first day of school can be a rude awakening. Most of them are anxious heading back to school signals a time of transition: new classes, new teachers, new schedules, and a new social scene.

Best actors and actresses none other than the “teachers” pretending to be nice on the first day of classes. Some teachers let you pick your own seat on the first day, but by the following days, they'll have mapped out a seating plan for the students to be organized. It's a good idea! New teachers will probably give you an overview of the course syllabus, class rules, what the semester will be like, what supplies you'll need, and expectations of your performance and behavior. Some teachers will jump right into their first lesson, while others may have non-coursework activities planned. It all depends on the class and teacher.

School is one of the best places to make friends and learn ways around is by joining school clubs, sports teams, activities such as; soccer field goal, sing a solo, getting involved in other ways — going to a school play, helping with a bake sale, or cheering on friends at a swim meet — can help feel like a part of things.

School is a time to make friends and try new things, but it's also a place to learn skills like organization and decision making that will come in handy for the rest of your life.



SORRY GUYS! I love you all! Thanks for all the messages. School principal told me a lot about your request. Again it's my decision not to renew due to the snow (weather). I beg your understanding. Most of the airport policemen asked me if I am a celebrity because most of you came to the airport just to say bye bye… I thought what you told me was like a joke the day before leaving, I didn't pay attention to it. I was busy that day. I didn't sleep and got tired going to the airport. I gained strength when I saw all of you there. Yes, I’m quiet flattered because 99% came from grades 5 to 11 and you never did this to other foreign teachers as the principal told me. You made me cry. Always give respect to all local and foreign teachers. They are gift from God to you. I LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment